[tcf-dev] elf_open in tcf-agent's tcf_elf.c throws exception

Hi,

I just noticed that elf_open in tcf_elf.c sometimes throws exceptions. To me this is unexcepted. The function elf_open is not documented to throw exceptions. It is documented to return NULL on failure. The reason it throws is that it calls create_elf_cache, which calls create_symbol_names_hash, which calls unpack_elf_symbol_info, which throws exceptions. It is documented that unpack_elf_symbol_info throws exception.

I think this is a bug, but perhaps it is just a bug in the documentation for elf_open. What do you think?

Regards,
Anders

Intel Sweden AB
Registered Office: Isafjordsgatan 30B, 164 40 Kista, Stockholm, Sweden
Registration Number: 556189-6027