From: tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tsung Min Huang
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:19 AM
To: TCF Development
Subject: Re: [tcf-dev] can tcf remote debug attach symbol from host

Follow you guys suggestion

I build a tcf-server as proxy on my computer, now I can attach symbol from Host

But I notice use this way can not read/write memory during debug.

I guess the problem is server did not enable memory access.

I tried to change /server/tcf/config.h

#define SERVICE_Memory          1

#define ENABLE_MemoryAccessModes                1

But compile failed,

If use tcf-server as proxy on as TCF proxy, the memory access service on Target can not work ?

Regards,

Min

Hi Min,

Yes, it is possible to attach debug symbols from host. For that, you need:

1. Build and run TCF symbols server on the host, e.g.:

  git clone https://git.eclipse.org/r/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent
  cd org.eclipse.tcf.agent/server
  make
  obj/GNU/Linux/x86_64/Debug/server

On Windows host, use Microsoft Visual Studio to open, build and run MSVC solution file:

  org.eclipse.tcf.agent/server/msvc/server-vc2015.sln

2. In Eclipse, in TCF launch configuration, the server should show up as TCF Proxy in the Available Targets list.
Expand it, look for your TCF Agent in the children list and select it.
This will instruct the debugger to route debug connection through the symbols server.

3. In the launch configuration, select Path Map tab and add path map rule:
Source = full path of your program on the target system, e.g. /bin/hello;
Destination = full path of your program on the host, e.g. /home/user/projects/hello.
This will let the symbol server to know where to find symbols.

BTW, you don’t have to put symbols into separate hello.debug file.

Regards,
Eugene