[tcf-dev] can tcf remote debug attach symbol from host

Hi all:

I am using tcf to remote debug on embeded system
I build my program like this:
    arm-linux-gcc -g -o hello hello.c
    arm-linux-objcopy hello hello_unstrip
    arm-linux-objcopy --only-keep-debug hello_unstrip hello.debug
    arm-linux-strip --strip-debug --strip-unneeded hello

If I put stripped "hello" and debug symbol "hello.debug" on target and run
I can use eclipse with tcf plugin to debug, and it works fine.

Is it possible that I do need put debug symbol on my target but loading from my host ?
Because I notice tcf have symbol service, I guess there maybe some way I can load symbol from host.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Min

Back to the top