[tcf-dev] TCFChildrenSubExpressions strange behaviour

Hello!

lately i saw a strange behavior that might indicate a bug in the TCFChildrenSubExpressions  class,
I tried to run the following code using the TCF debugger:

typedef struct
{
int a;
int b;
} ex;

ex C[200];

void foo(ex* C) {
int n = 0;
n++;
n++;
}
int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
foo(C);
return (0);
}

if I add "C" to the expressions view
and set break point inside foo I get the following:

!MESSAGE Channel disconnected with error
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.tcf.internal.debug.ui.model.TCFNodeArrayPartition cannot be cast to org.eclipse.tcf.internal.debug.ui.model.TCFNodeExpression
at org.eclipse.tcf.internal.debug.ui.model.TCFChildrenSubExpressions.getField(TCFChildrenSubExpressions.java:88)

I suspect the  the problem is related to not clearing the cache in the java side, then inside foo,
since the parameter name (C) is the same as the global array, the exception is occurred.

What do think? is this correct?
(On the other hand I might have issues with my agent implementation)

Thank you!
Vadi.

Back to the top