[tcf-dev] How to maintain TCF MSVC project files

Hello,

It seems that with my latest commit(s), I have broken some MSVC project files in TCF agent (thanks Eugene for fixing this) because I have created some new files and they have to be listed explicitly in MSVC project files. I am now wondering how we are supposed to maintain this, there are MSVC projects for various versions of Visual Studio (2008, 2010, 2012) and I personally don't have all those versions available and thus cannot update them except doing this manually which is error prone. I am also wondering why we need to maintain those MSVC projects since we have support for cmake which is able to generate MSVC projects.

I would personally vote for removing the MSVC project files and only support cmake but this is very likely because I don't use Visual Studio a lot. If this is not acceptable, could we at least maintain a single version of MSVC project files for the latest version of Visual Studio (2015)?

Regards,
Didier

Back to the top