[tcf-dev] Mandatory Access Control support in TCF

Hello,

I am a new comer on this list and I am looking for the best solution to add the support off some common security mechanisms to TCF. I am hoping to get some advise from people who know that code well and might have ideas on what would be the best implementation model.

I would like to start by a Mandatory Access Control such as SE Linux or Smack, then I would like to look at and Integrity enforcement such as IMA and container support.

The support of those type of security faciilities will require to extend some services in particular the 'File System Service' and the 'Run Control Service' to support the additional file extended attributes used by MAC and the increased complexity of attaching ptrace to a service running in a bespoke security context.

Obviously, we do not want to create patches but rather an extension which can be configured to support various model of MAC (at least Smack and SE Linux sto start with).

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect