[tcf-dev] FW: TCF debugger

Original message :

debugger

Hello,

I plan enable and use TCF debugger for our new SoC. Currently I evaluate eclipse/TCF with Raspberry Pi Following wiki page I managed to debug an application by using the target explorer/TCF debugger. It works well for the process which excite by the agent , however I cannot figure out how I can attach the debugger to a process which already exists and run on the remote target .

So Basically, my questions are :

1.  Is it possible to debug process that currently running on remote system (in this case the pi) using TCF agent? And if so - how?

2.  Is it possible to debug Linux kernel using TCF agent? And if so - how?

Regards,

Naama.

Uwe reply:

Hi Naama,

Regarding #1:

If you have the Target Explorer installed, and you have created a connection to your Raspberry Pi, please open the connection details editor and switch to the "Processes" tab. Attaching to an already running process should be now as easy as finding the process in the list and use "Attach" from the context menu.

Best regards, Uwe :)

Hi Uwe,

I tried using the process in the list and "Attach" them but when I get to the "select context to attach" window its empty, to be more precise at first I see the processes in a "fade" font then when I try to choose one of them I get an empty window.

Do you have an idea why?

Thank you,

Naama J

Back to the top