From: tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John O'Sullivan
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 12:57 AM
To: tcf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcf-dev] Debugging Shared Libraries

Hi,
Sorry in advance if this is not the correct list but I cannot find a
users mailing list for TCF.
I have been evaluating TCF on a Zynq Arm based embedded system for the
past week, my initial interest is in debugging but we are also
considering developing some additional TCF based services. I have hit a
block on the evaluation of TCF as a debugger; I have been unable to
debug shared libraries on our embedded system. I can debug the main code
fine, but as soon as I hit a shared library it switches to disassembley
and I am unable to hit any breakpoints. On GDBServer based debug I can
resolve this by setting the paths to shared library symbols but I see no
such option on TCF. There is a tab in debug configurations called
'Symbol Files' but it appears disabled on my projects and I see no way
of enabling it. If I debug the same program on X86 I seem to be able to
step into the shared library after initially stepping through some
assembly code. Is there some way of doing this on my embedded system. I
also tried on the Rapberrypi with the same result, no debug of shared
libraries. I am using Eclipse Service Release 2.4.2, TFC Debugger
1.2.0.20.2014052712.
In general there are options on the debug configuration dialogs for TCF
that I have no explanation for, for example 'Run TCF Symbols Server on
host', etc, how and why would this and the other options be used? There
is a Tab, files to download during launch, again it always seems to be
disabled permanently.

regards
John