[tcf-dev] Debugging Shared Libraries

Hi,
Sorry in advance if this is not the correct list but I cannot find a users mailing list for TCF. I have been evaluating TCF on a Zynq Arm based embedded system for the past week, my initial interest is in debugging but we are also considering developing some additional TCF based services. I have hit a block on the evaluation of TCF as a debugger; I have been unable to debug shared libraries on our embedded system. I can debug the main code fine, but as soon as I hit a shared library it switches to disassembley and I am unable to hit any breakpoints. On GDBServer based debug I can resolve this by setting the paths to shared library symbols but I see no such option on TCF. There is a tab in debug configurations called 'Symbol Files' but it appears disabled on my projects and I see no way of enabling it. If I debug the same program on X86 I seem to be able to step into the shared library after initially stepping through some assembly code. Is there some way of doing this on my embedded system. I also tried on the Rapberrypi with the same result, no debug of shared libraries. I am using Eclipse Service Release 2.4.2, TFC Debugger 1.2.0.20.2014052712. In general there are options on the debug configuration dialogs for TCF that I have no explanation for, for example 'Run TCF Symbols Server on host', etc, how and why would this and the other options be used? There is a Tab, files to download during launch, again it always seems to be disabled permanently.

regards
John

Back to the top