[tcf-dev] TCF and authentication mechanisms

Hi,

what authentication mechanisms are currently supported by the TCF?

After some research on the Internet I found this commit:
  * http://git.eclipse.org/c/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.git/commit?id=f77572bc3acfdda3121c288f7f0660d22c2589fe

It seems that there is certificate based authentication available. Are
there any other mechanisms?

When using RSE together with a TCF connection it seems that the
username+password entered do not really matter. I could access all
files that were accessible by the owning user of the TCF agent process
on my target independent of the credentials provided in the dialog
displayed in RSE.

Thanks for your answers in advance and regards,
  Rainer

Back to the top