[tcf-dev] word addressed memory?

Hi,

The specific CPU core (for which I using TCF) supports only word addressing (16 bits) of memory, not byte addressing as "regular" CPUs. I understand that this is not supported out of the box in TCF, however I would like to get your advice what would need to be changed (in the agent and Eclipse) to make this work. Since all the infrastructure is byte based, I believe that I might go away with some smart word address to byte address and vice versa translations.

My specific questions are:
*) Where should I put such address translations in the code? Are there any hooks already available? *) The Eclipse memory view would need to be configured or replaced at all? What is the best way doing this?

To make things even worse, I'm not permitted to patch any existing Eclipse/CDT plugins (agent is free to modify), however any code on top of the existing plugins is OK.

Cheers,
Conny

Back to the top