[tcf-dev] Memory monitors and the extra process memories

Hi TCF Community,

Our target (a 16 bit uC) has some extra memories (various lengths and bit-sizes e.g. 16 bit, 64 bit, 128 bit) that have not too much in common with the uC. Actually there are separate engines that have their own memories.

Currently we have these memories mapped in the uC space on higher offsets but this not very flexible as the user need to retain these offsets and create custom renderings all the time when they start a debugging session.

So, now we would like to access these memories independently of the uC status (running or paused) and in a separate context from uC.

What is the best approach to access such memories through separate Memory Monitors GUIs that are fitting the lengths and the bit-sizes of each memory?

Please note that we would like to pre-configure these memory monitors with default rendering that starts at address 0 for each memory and is formatted according to the memory type (16bit, 64 bit, 128 bit, big-endian etc.)

This is important so that the user doesn’t need to create these renderings every time when starts a debug session.

We tried to create different run control contexts or even different processes but we could get memory monitors switching the context.

Are we missing something?

Do we need to create our own memory monitors and connect them as the register views are connected?

Thanks,
Daniel

Back to the top