[tcf-dev] o.e.remote and launch bar update

Hey gang,

I had a great meeting with the PTP gang today. Had a really good one with the CDT gang a few days ago. I think we have a pretty good action plan for the launch bar and remote plug-ins and some thoughts on Terminal.

The plan is to have a Remote 2.0 release for Mars. There we will change the API to match the proposal that I put together based on feedback from the CDT gang. There are a few things I want to clean up as well based on feedback from the PTP gang, including an idea I got after the call on a potential solution to Greg’s concern about IAdaptable and API discoverability. (more on that later).

I want to get the LaunchBar ready to for adopters in Luna SR-2. My current Remote changes are implemented as a layer on top of the existing Remote API. I’ll move that layer into the LaunchBar itself and work to minimizing the difference between it and the anticipated Remote 2.0 API. That will let people start working with it. But with a planned final API set for Mars.

We discussed proper homes for these features as well. I think we all agreed that the Remote probably belongs in the Target Management project. The argument could be made, and was, that the LaunchBar fits there as well. We’ll discuss with the Tools PMC and make a final decision probably after Luna SR-2.

We also discussed the Terminal. The Target Management project is likely the home for that as well. We’ll need to make a decision on what to do with the TCF Terminal. And we need to revisit what was really wrong with the TM Terminal and whether we may end up with a simpler solution just making some API adjustments there. I need to investigate that a bit more before we discuss further.

Anyway, great working with everyone and I think we have a really awesome action plan that brings our target management to a place where everyone will want to use it.
Thanks!
Doug.

Back to the top