From: <Stieber>, Uwe <Uwe.Stieber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 4:36 AM
To: TM project developer discussions <tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, TCF Development <tcf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [tm-dev] Serial Terminal

Hi Doug,

I let Martin Oberhuber outline all the possibilities, but in short, we are aware of the unsatisfying status of the RXTX library and it is for sure one of you next step to look into an RXTX replacement. But before doing this, I want to get the RSE / Terminal cleanup done and the home of the Terminal widget clarified. I think we are making progress here. After that, I’m open to work on replacing RXTX with jSSC or nrjavaserial or … .

And of course, contributions are always very welcome.

Best regards, Uwe J