Re: [tcf-dev] Fwd: Building TCF Agent - Solaris Sparc

Hello Iulian,

I’m not aware of anyone building the TCF Agent for Solaris-sparc so far, but at least getting

the core of TCF built should be quite straightforward. The TCF Agent Porting Guide is your

reference:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.git/plain/docs/TCF%20Agent%20Porting%20Guide.html

I would recommend starting with a “minimal agent” that only pulls in the very core of TCF.

See the bottom (“building a minimal agent”) or the “daytime example README” for instructions:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.agent.git/tree/examples/daytime/readme.txt

It may not work out of the box, but given that TCF is essentially POSIX compliant, there should

not be too much missing. Note that you can make any system-specific adaptions by creating

new directories for header files to “override” the TCF defaults:

   agent/system/SunOS/…

   agent/machine/sun4u/…

See your minimal agent compile commandlines how these are pulled in, and see examples

from other systems how these are adapted to.

Once you have a “minimal agent” built, you can enable additional services one by one. The

Trace, Discovery, FileSystem and SysMonitor services should be quite straightforward. Next

You could build the “agent” like described in the upper part of the README – this will also

give you command-line “client” executables for testing your minimal agent.

For Debug related services, the effort will depend on if you can pull in any infrastructure

that the OS already gives you (like ptrace on Linux, for instance). But perhaps you don’t

even need debug services ? If you do, look at the TCF Porting guide referenced above.

HTH, we’ll be happy to help and accept contributions:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/tcf/org.eclipse.tcf.git/tree/CONTRIBUTING

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6