[tcf-dev] FW: Agent unplants breakpoints for unknown reason

I can now give a better description of my problem:

What I want to do is to pretend as if there were only Hardware-Breakpoints. Only cpu_bp_plant() and cpu_bp_remove() have to handle the breakpoints on the debug-device side (which both are already capable of).

But if I set e.g. two breakpoints in Eclipse, cpu_bp_remove() gets called, because those BPs were not declared as "Hardware". The problem is that I can only declare those breakpoints as "Hardware" at runtime.

Can I somehow work around this problem? I need the TCF Agent treat any breakpoint as "Hardware" Breakpoint because basically this is what they appear to be on the TCF Agent side. Is it possible to declare Hardware-Breakpoints inside Eclipse IDE using the TCF Plugin without having to run the program at least once (Right-Click at Breakpoint -> Breakpoint properties -> check "Hardware")?

Best regards and thank you for any help here!

--
Stefan Falk

Infineon Technologies Austria AG
Trainee
Automotive Sense and Control
Component Verification

Tel:  +43 (0)5 / 1777 - 5439
Email: stefan.falk@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:stefan.falk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Aim above the mark to hit the mark." - Ralph Waldo Emerson