[tcf-dev] Replacing Process service for small device programs

Hi guys!

It is really a lot of source code that I am supposed to understand if I want to get this to run. Maybe one of you can help me here..

I understand that I will have to replace the Process services by services for my single-threaded small device programs. The problem here is that I am not quite sure how to do this in a way that does not break the design of the agent.

I have already overridden startRemoceProcess() in TCFLaunch by a class that inherits TCFLaunch. At this point I will have to run the program on my device - which is not a problem since a  single command will do so - but the agent still wouldn't know anything about the running program.

Can someone tell me about what happens when a process is being debugged on the agent side? I can't seem to see through all those messages being sent.

For example how am I supposed to notify the agent that a breakpoint is hit? Where does this e.g. happen for a process on Win32?

Thanks for any help here!

Best regards,
Stefan

Back to the top