[tcf-dev] channel closed error with writeTraceNetwork

Hello,

I can start , stop , pause the trace remotely. I am also able to save the trace on local machine (target-mips board). I am unable to save the trace on remote machine. I get the following error.

> lttctl_client ltt_control writeTraceNetwork "kernel" "0" "traceTest" "/home/techie/Desktop/tracetest" 2 false false false
Reply error 131077: Channel closed

The target environment is MIPS board.

Steps i did for lttng-agent.
git clone http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/git/lttng-agent.git
./bootstrap
CC=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu-gcc ./configure --prefix=$(pwd)/agent_
installed --host=mips64 --enable-shared --disable-ust
make
make install

Similar steps was followed to cross compile for tcf-agent

On target board

mount debugfs
export LD_LIBARY_PATH
export lttd
ltt-armall

start tcf-agent

On client PC

start tcf-client
connect ip address ( Connection established with TCP:)
tcf ltt_control setupTrace "kernel" "0" "traceTest"
tcf ltt_control setTraceTransport "kernel" "0" "traceTest" "relay"
tcf ltt_control setChannelSubbufSize "kernel" "0" "traceTest" "vm_state" 1048576
.
.
.
similarly for all channels
tcf ltt_control allocTrace "kernel" "0" "traceTest"

lttctl_client ltt_control writeTraceNetwork "kernel" "0" "traceTest" "/home/techie/Desktop/
tracetest" 2 false false false

I am able to start,pause and destroy the trace, also i can save trace on the local target (MIPS Board). But due to size limitation i need to save the trace on remote pc.

Thank you
skumar

Back to the top