[tcf-dev] Hudson instance per project for TCF and TM

Hi All,
Dave D. asked me last week to look into getting a separate Hudson instance for TM.
According to http://wiki.eclipse.org/Hudson, HIPP instances are recommended for those projects who prefer flexibility and convenience with their CI system, perhaps at the expense of security and webmaster support.

What I like about HIPP:
1) Flexibility(we can have additional plugins, we can create jobs ourselves, it can be configured to write into a project's downloads area and can be given write access to the code repository for automatic tagging of builds);
2) Gerrit verification job can be migrated there (right now it's running in sandbox which seems to be going away some time soon).

What I am concerned about:
It is not entirely clear for me if it's possible to run UI tests on HIPP (wiki page mentions that shared instance is recommended for running all the tests) and I don't really want to split our jobs into separate build job and test job.

What do you think? Do we want a HIPP or not?
Thanks!
Anna.

Back to the top