Re: [tcf-dev] Adding value-add server

On 26.06.2013 17:34, Oberhuber, Martin wrote:
To build your C value-add on a Linux host, simply take the instructions from here:
    http://wiki.eclipse.org/TCF/Raspberry_Pi#Building_the_TCF_Agent
and you'll find them in agent/obj/GNU/Linux/x86_64/Debug/
     - tcflog
     - valueadd

Some information about tcflog and the value-add (and the C tools' commandline options in general) is on slide 53 of the 2009 TCF Tutorial:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/tcf/documents/TCF_ECon09.ppt

Martin,

thanks for response. But I think I'm still missing something. If I run agent from that directory I can debug, everything is fine.
If I also run valueadd binary it adds another agent in "System Management" view, but it's not clear to me what I can do with it.

The source code say:

	it supports Locator.redirect command, which can forward TCF traffic to other TCF agents.

but how would I issue such command from Eclipse? When I click on this value-add server, it gives me a page of properties, and nothing
looks like a redirection. One of the attributes say "Proxy", but I would not expect that underlying agent be called proxy and I
would not know what to enter in this field either.

What am I missing?

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/