Re: [tcf-dev] Cutting a tcf-1.1 release in April ?

Sounds good to me.

Eugene

From: tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 11:31 PM
To: TCF Development (tcf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: [tcf-dev] Cutting a tcf-1.1 release in April ?

Hi TCF committers,

I would like to cut a tcf-1.1 release in April or early May, such that we have an official stable downloadable build for a product of ours.

Our tcf-1.1 release could coincide with Kepler M7 (feature freeze), and we could release tcf-1.1.1 for Kepler final in June.

Are there any concerns with this approach ?

Any feature / API work that would collide with the stabilizing that we need for a release ?

I think that also for plain Open Source, the timing is good since we’re getting some momentum now on Raspberry Pi thanks to our ARM Debug contribution, having a stable release for those hobbyists will help. Note that releasing slightly off the Eclpise Train dates is not a problem as long as the release we have available at the Kepler Train date is tested against the rest of Kepler ; Linuxtools has been setting the precedent for releasing typically 1-2 months ahead of the train so we would not be the first ones.

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6