Re: [tcf-dev] TCF pending commands

Hi Eugene,

thank you for your quick reply. We also thought about implement FW-flashing as a separate service. In this case it makes no sense to create a new definition. Instead we

can use the “File System”-Service and start the flash process whenever a firmware image file (of a specific name) gets written to the remote system root folder. I guess

this service will support “P” messages and the client side RSE will be able to display a progress bar, since writing files typically will consume time on the target?

But even if we are able to flash the application through the RSE prior to launching the build, we don’t want to separate this steps. During development this steps will have

to be repeated many, many times. It would be much more user friendly to combine them in one action. I think this is the typical use case for any environment, not only

ours.

I noticed there is some remote path inside the TCF launch configuration. I believe to remember, some time ago there was also a checkbox option to omit downloading

the application file to the targets remote path prior to starting the debug session? (“Skip download to target path” inside the “TCF Remote Application” launch configuration)

Such a feature (downloading, not skipping :) would perfectly fit to our needs. Whenever a TCF debug session will be launched, first the file will be copied to the remote

system path through the “File System” service and finally the “Process.start” command will be executed. Was there a reason to drop this feature or does it still exist in the

new TCF? I am just wondering because the “skip” option disappeared.

Best regards,

Michael