Re: [tcf-dev] Gerrit code review for TCF

Hi Martin,

In general, +1 to leverage Gerrit Code Review for contributions and larger commits. But it would help to know if the decision for Gerrit Code Review is a “all-or-nothing” decision. My preference with new tools is to introduce them in parallel until it proved to be useful and not introducing more bureaucracy overhead than it actually helps.

Just my 2 cents, Uwe J

From: tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Freitag, 22. Juni 2012 19:06
To: TCF Development (tcf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: [tcf-dev] Gerrit code review for TCF

TCF committers,

I would like to leverage the Gerrit Code Review system for TCF:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit

It has been successfully in use for CDT, Egit and other projects for a while now. Advantages include

-          Automatic “build” of any contribution thus initial +1/-1 whether a contribution builds

-          Supports web-based per-line annotation of contributions

-          Makes discussing a change much easier

One thing to decide is whether ALL contributions should go through gerrit or whether committers should be allowed to bypass gerrit and commit to the repository directly.

I don’t have a strong opinion either way and also don’t know at this point whether that setting can be changed after the fact.

Your thoughts ?

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

Back to the top