[tcf-dev] Does the tcf-client's -S switch work?

   I tried using tcf-client's -S option (which substitutes a script file to stdin).  Here's the script:

connect TCP:131.132.133.134:1534
tcf ltt_control setupTrace "kernel" "0" "fromdutscriptofesr4ondut"
tcf ltt_control setTraceTransport "kernel" "0" "fromdutscriptofesr4ondut" "relay"
tcf ltt_control setChannelSubbufSize "kernel" "0" "fromdutscriptofesr4ondut" "all" 1048576
tcf ltt_control allocTrace "kernel" "0" "fromdutscriptofesr4ondut"
lttctl_client ltt_control writeTraceNetwork "kernel" "0" "fromdutscriptofesr4ondut" "/traces/fromdutscriptofesr4ondut" 2 false false false
tcf ltt_control startTrace "kernel" "0" "fromdutscriptofesr4ondut"

   Judging by stdout, everything worked fine:

 Connection established with TCP:131.132.32.42:1534
 "Action succeeded"
 "relay"
 1048576
 "Action succeeded"
 "Trace output path successfully set up (local to tracing controller)"
 "Action succeeded"

   I'm using lttng-agent/client plugins modified with improved command-line user feedback.  There is a one-to-one correspondence between command lines in the script and output lines, as can be seen.  The script merely starts the trace; I then do some stuff on the traced machine, and then pause and destroy the trace manually (interactively) using another tcf-client.

   However, my destination folder ended up with just one file in it (irq_state_0) of size zero.  I then repeated the whole sequence using the tcf-client command-line interface (with the same commands from the script save for a different target folder) and it generated a trace just fine (albeit a toxic one).  I then ran the script a second time (with a third target folder) and it gave the same appearance of success and nearly the same actual failure (it fared worse, failing to create even a single file in the target folder).

   Has anyone else had success with tcf-client's -S switch?

   I'm using dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/dsdp/org.eclipse.tm.tcf/trunk revision 1901, dated 2011-Jul-19.

Daniel U. Thibault
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) / Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
Système de systèmes (SdS) / System of Systems (SoS)
Solutions informatiques et expérimentations (SIE) / Computing Solutions and Experimentations (CSE)
2459 Boul. Pie XI Nord
Québec, QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538
NAC: 918V QSDJ
Gouvernement du Canada / Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>

Back to the top