Re: [swtbot-dev] SWTBot 3.0.0 release in 2020-06, JUnit 5 and EPL 2.0

On 21/04/20 17:44, Patrick Tasse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are a lot of deprecated methods and classes in SWTBot. Most (maybe all) have been
> deprecated for at least one yearly release cycle. We could take the opportunity to remove
> these deprecated APIs, thus making the 3.0.0 a true major version increase.
>
> At the same time, we could upgrade all plug-ins to use the Java 8 execution environment.
> Most plug-ins are still using Java 6, whose extended support ended in 2018.
>
> How does that sound?

Hi

IMHO that would be better. Semantic versioning might apply to bundles and marketing might
be good, but I see a major version increase without breaking changes rather misleading.

Cheers
	Lorenzo

--
Prof. Lorenzo Bettini, Computer Science, DISIA, Univ. Firenze
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it

Back to the top