Re: [swtbot-dev] Release 2.4.0 ?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/12/2016 09:30 PM, Patrick Tasse wrote:
More projects are starting to get build errors because of the SWTBot missing dependency. Maybe we should go ahead with the release a.s.a.p.?
It will also be useful for users to get early visibility of some changes in SWTBot 2.4.0 so they can update their code in time for Neon, such as:
- deprecated classes and methods related to SWTBotView menus (https://git.eclipse.org/r/68108)
- change (fix) of thrown exception when Menu/MenuItem not found (https://git.eclipse.org/r/70418)
Yeah, that's the idea. We just need a majority of +1 from committers before going forward.

While we're on the subject of releases, do we always step every SWTBot plug-in to the same common version?
Yes, we usually do that. But it would be fine to change it, provided that it would require to:
* Set up API Tools to make sure we do not screw up versioning too hard
* Set up reproducible version qualifier to take advantage of not producing multiple artifacts with same x.y.z. This isn't too hard with Tycho.

Potentially (if no new API is added until then) we could release 2.4.x instead of 2.5.0 in June?
Yes. But the ongoing nattable change will most likely shine in the June release with a new API.

this would imply 2.5.0 due to adding a new API, right ?

-MatthiasĀ

Back to the top