Re: [swtbot-dev] New version plans?

Hi,

On 04/03/2015 11:04 AM, Ganesh Kumbhar wrote:
1) No Right click option in .. Defined as protected in SWTBot.
The right-click action is usually available as "contextMenu()" method.
2) SWTBot doesn't support Native dialogs (native to os) .. so can't browse(select) a folder or file.  (i.e. Windows pop-up dialogs)
Right. See https://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/FAQ#How_do_I_use_SWTBot_to_test_native_dialogs_.28File_Dialogs.2C_Color_Dialogs.2C_etc.29.3F for explanation, and a reference to a bug tracking this issues.
3) Some shortcuts can not be pressed, like am not able to press CTRL+Enter & CTRL+Space buttons from keyboard .. I think it is there in SWTBot.
I believe some users do succeed to invoke Ctrl+Space with SWTBot, using bot.pressShortcut(KeyStrokes.CTRL, KeyStrokes.SPACE). If this doesn't work for you, please open a bug: https://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/Contributing#Report_a_bug_or_suggest_an_enhancement
4) Can't login to any server from eclipse GUI .. SWTBot itself doesn't support this as per information i got from internet.
I don't understand your use-case here.
5) Many of the methods are defined as protected in SWTBot, and as eclipse library is bridge between RF & SWTBot, RF can't use those methods which are not defined as public.
We may be able to turn some protected methods to public ones, if they keep API clean. Please open bugs to track those requests.

Note that the SWTBot project would get glad to welcome your Robot Framework implementation of SWTBot. You should consider contributing it directly as part of SWTBot. Is this something you might be interested in?

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat