[swtbot-dev] Regarding logging in to server from eclipse GUI.

Hello Everyone,

   I am using Robot Framework Eclipse Library (SWTBot) for GUI Testing.

I am trying to login into our server through eclipse for testing some functionality, but not able to.
It is Giving below exception

null
Caused by: User-specified log class 'org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog' cannot be found or is not useable.

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.mks.connect.UserApplicationSessionImpl.<init>(UserApplicationSessionImpl.java:169)
at com.mks.connect.IntegrationPointImpl.createSession(IntegrationPointImpl.java:135)
at com.mks.connect.IntegrationPointImpl.createSession(IntegrationPointImpl.java:119)
at com.continental.mkslib.connection.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:72)
at com.continental.mkslib.connection.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:92)
at com.continental.mkslib.controller.MksLibrary.getConnection(MksLibrary.java:52)
at com.continental.mkslib.controller.MksLibrary.getSi(MksLibrary.java:85)
at com.continental.plm.mkslib.integration.ui.widgets.MksConnectionSelector.establishConnection(MksConnectionSelector.java:322)
at com.continental.plm.mkslib.integration.ui.widgets.MksConnectionSelector$7.run(MksConnectionSelector.java:387)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: User-specified log class 'org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog' cannot be found or is not useable.
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.discoverLogImplementation(LogFactoryImpl.java:798)
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:601)
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:333)
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:307)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:645)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.<clinit>(HttpClient.java:69)
... 10 more

I start eclipse through script and then trying to login to our server to check a functionality , but after filling information i.e. username-password and clicking "OK" button, it gives above exception. and when we open it manually it works fine.

I am starting eclipse with parameters : -install  ${eclipse_install}  -data  ${eclipse_data}  ${eclipse_params}

${eclipse_params}  -consolelog -debug

what I came to know from my colleague is that , eclipse is trying to use a logger class that does not exist. as manually it's working, i guess,the default configuration is valid,  so somehow when started via RF it seems to override the logging configuration somehow ..
So what could be the problem & how can we resolve it ?

Thanks & Reagrds,
Ganesh

Back to the top