From: swtbot-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [swtbot-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Johannes Dorn [johannes.dorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 05 November 2014 8:27 AM
To: swtbot-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [swtbot-dev] Tests failing randomly on Hudson

Hi,

We have a problem with our SWTBot Tests in the Code Recommenders project.

It fails randomly on our build server, stating that the Widget was not found. This doesn't happen all the time but so frequently, that we disabled the test for now.
If it fails, it is always the very first widget (the Window menu) that cannot be found. The generated screenshot shows the menu to be there.
We have not had these test failures when building the project locally, or when executing the tests from within Eclipse.

Obviously, we would want the test to be executed all the time and not fail randomly.

The test in question is defined in [1]. Note the underscore at the end to disable it. Line 80 is the one that fails.
The POM file [2] is configured to not execute the test on the UI Thread. Commented out lines 31 to 55.

Our Hudson is configured to execute the following shell before starting the maven build.
metacity --replace --sm-disable &

Does anyone have an idea how to get this test to be stable?

Thanks
Johannes

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/recommenders/org.eclipse.recommenders.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.recommenders.snipmatch.rcp.tests/src/org/eclipse/recommenders/internal/snipmatch/rcp/SnipmatchUITest.java_
[2] https://git.eclipse.org/c/recommenders/org.eclipse.recommenders.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.recommenders.snipmatch.rcp.tests/pom.xml
--
Johannes Dorn

Codetrails GmbH