Re: [swtbot-dev] SWT Bot generator for pure Eclipse 4 apps (no dependency on org.eclipse.ui.*)

Ok, I have a version of SWTBot generator running without org.eclipse.ui in it's manifest and it runs fine. I had to remove the activator, some icon loading routines and some logging code. I can see code generated and it's fine.

I also removed support for workbench parts (IPartListener2) and their activation and deactivation. I think I can contribute a version which is specific to Eclipse 4 apps and has much more features because there we have an event bus (IEventBroker) which makes it possible to listen to and trigger events like part activation, closing, perspective switch etc. . Now everything goes through the model layer and we can intercept there.

I'll investigate a bit more and put patches through Gerrit if I come up with something.

Sopot