Re: [swtbot-dev] problems running swtbot test suite in some configurations

On 24/10/2013 12:21, Mickael Istria wrote:
> On 10/24/2013 12:16 PM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
>> Having said that, shouldn't the pom.xml in that plugin run the tests
>> without surefire and use standard maven tests?
> That could work, and I did try that at the beginning of the move to
> Tycho, however it appeared that it was much more complicated to run the
> test with maven-surefire-plugin that it was with tycho-surefire-plugin
> (because of wrong dependency resolution, and missing swt fragments). So
> we moved to Tycho and it was generally happy.
>
> Maybe the test should simply be re-written in a way that it checks for
> existing shells in setUp and just verify that new shells were created.

What I was trying to do was to try to close the "Resource" shell if it
is there, but I'm always failing because I would also need to press "OK"
on the "Confirm Exit" dialog, but there seem to appear two of them (?)
and thus the setup fails...

I think that an alternative way of writing that specific test is as follows:

	@Test
	public void getsAllShells() throws Exception {
		//assertEquals(2, bot.shells().length);
		bot.shell("Address Book - Untitled");
		bot.shell("Find");
	}

Does it sound reasonable?

In that case I can submit a patch.

Still, I think that there's something wrong in the way those tests are
executed somehow...  it really looks like the problem shows up on my
fast machine because of the workbench which is fast enough to come up
and spoil things for that specific test (which is the first one that is
being executed)...  but the workbench should not be there at all when
tests are executed in this very project...

cheers
	Lorenzo

HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book: