[swtbot-dev] SWTbot Recorder

Hi ,
while  exploring the Generator/ Recorder option in the 2.1.0 release , I noticed that the recorder doesn’t take into consideration the execution time of some actions, exp: ( the Run time or the build time for a project) and then it gives an incomplete code .
For me I overcome this issue first by doing a bot.sleep(3000) but it isn’t  a good solution and it waste a lot of time and then I tried  creating a new shell with the name of the action window , for the build action  :
SWTBotShell shell = bot.shell("Build Project");

shell1.activate();

bot.waitUntil(shellCloses(shell));

but it is hard to detect the exact name of the window , SO is there any solution to force the action to wait until the previous job is done ?

I have another remark ,
The search being recursive creates some problems ,for example when searching for menu “Project”,

SWTbot finds the wrong "Project" menu item. It finds the one that is located in Search -> Text . so we must specify the depth : bot.menu("Project", 1);
I think it should be corrected in the next release.
Thank you

Back to the top