Re: [swtbot-dev] What about a 2.1.1 release?

+1

Mariot Chauvin

   tel:       +33 6 20 60 82 78
   email:  mariot.chauvin@xxxxxxxxx
   twitter: @mchv

2013/7/4 Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hi all,

Short: Current 2.1.0 version fails with Kepler. So we need to release a version that works.

Longer:
As Kepler uses by default hamcrest 1.3, which has API changes compared to hamcrest 1.1. This different version of Hamcrest is incompatible with current SWTBot 2.0.0. We had to update SWTBot  MANIFESTs, features and code to use the newer Hamcrest. This change should be backward compatible with previous versions of Eclipse, so the next SWTBot release should still work with Eclipse 3.7.
We'd like to release a 2.1.1 version mainly for this fix. It also comes with some minor improvements, and also with some additional features to Recorder/Generator.

As usual, snapshots are available here: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/swtbot/snapshots/ . I encourage you to give them a try and check whether you're happy with them.
Then please vote +1/0/-1 for this release ASAP.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat