Re: [swtbot-dev] passing timeout option during maven build

On 02/22/2013 02:33 PM, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
I was asking in this list because I was referring to testing swtbot test
suite itself, thus, more related to developers of swtbot :)
Oh, OK I didn't get it.

I'm setting a job on a personal Jenkins and I still have problems with
the test suite, could you please provide some hints (I see your hudson
job works fine)?
how did you configure your hudson job for swtbot? Of course I'm
referring to the build with Indigo.
should I use another DISPLAY also for the Jenkins job?

See https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/SWTBot/job/swtbot-tycho/configure
It uses Xvnc plugin + metacity. The Xvnc plugin should set you a DISPLAY.
I think you mustn't use Xvfb and Xvnc at the same time.

Note that I'm using Jenkins with many jobs for my projects relying on
swtbot for the tests and they always work fine; I'm having problems only
with the test suite of swtbot itself :)
On hudson.eclipse.org, the test suite sometimes has timeouts. It's generally because of bad luck and re-triggering the job makes all the errors go away.

HTH
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat