Re: [swtbot-dev] passing timeout option during maven build

On 02/21/2013 06:31 PM, Mickael Istria wrote:
> This is more a Usage question. You'd better ask this on the forum so
> it's more visible and helpful for other users.
> Also, it's more a Tycho usage question.
>
> Anyhow, you can either set the "argLine" argument in the configuration
> of tycho-surefire-plugin, or pass it directly via command line using
> -Dtycho.testArgLine="-Dorg.eclipse.swtbot.search.timeout=20000". See
> http://www.eclipse.org/tycho/sitedocs/tycho-surefire/tycho-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#argLine
> for details.

Hi Mickael

I was asking in this list because I was referring to testing swtbot test
suite itself, thus, more related to developers of swtbot :)

actually making the timeout bigger was not a nice idea, since some tests
in the suite rely on the timeout value itself, e.g.,

org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.SWTBotTest.waits5SecondsAndFailsForFailingCondition
org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.widgets.SWTBotExpandBarTest.shouldThrowExceptionWhenItemIsNotFound

thus I removed that option.

I'm setting a job on a personal Jenkins and I still have problems with
the test suite, could you please provide some hints (I see your hudson
job works fine)?

I'm using Xvnc and Xvfb; with this combination only one test still fails:

org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.widgets.SWTBotLinkTest.clicksOnALink

org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.widgets.TimeoutException: Timeout after:
5000 ms.:
Expected:
a string containing "MouseDown [3]: MouseEvent{Link {Visit the <A
HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\">Eclipse.org</A> project and the <A
HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\swt\">SWT</A> homepage or <a>Foo</a>.}
time=SOME_TIME_AGO data=null button=1 stateMask=0 x=X_CO_ORDINATE
y=Y_CO_ORDINATE count=1}"
got:
"FocusIn [15]: FocusEvent{Link {Visit the <A
HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\">Eclipse.org</A> project and the <A
HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\swt\">SWT</A> homepage or <a>Foo</a>.}
time=98208494 data=null}\nActivate [26]: ShellEvent{Link {Visit the <A
HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\">Eclipse.org</A> project and the <A
HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\swt\">SWT</A> homepage or <a>Foo</a>.}
time=98208494 data=null doit=true}\nPaint [9]: PaintEvent{Link {Visit
the <A HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\">Eclipse.org</A> project and the <A
HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\swt\">SWT</A> homepage or <a>Foo</a>.}
time=98208494 data=null gc=GC {-1427519456} x=0 y=0 width=60 height=17
count=0}\nDeactivate [27]: ShellEvent{Link {Visit the <A
HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\">Eclipse.org</A> project and the <A
HREF=\"www.eclipse.org\swt\">SWT</A> homepage or <a>Foo</a>.}
time=98208749 data=null doit=true}\n"

how did you configure your hudson job for swtbot? Of course I'm
referring to the build with Indigo.

should I use another DISPLAY also for the Jenkins job?

Note that I'm using Jenkins with many jobs for my projects relying on
swtbot for the tests and they always work fine; I'm having problems only
with the test suite of swtbot itself :)

thanks in advance
	Lorenzo