Re: [swtbot-dev] Nominate SWTBot as the Most Open Eclipse project

I think it's a wonderful idea Mickael! :)

Lorenzo

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Nominations for Eclipse Community Awards are open. http://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/eclipseawards/
I'd like to nominate SWTBot as the "Most Open Project" in Eclipse community. Here is a list of reasons why, please add your ideas

"""
SWTBot is a small but widely used project that was contributed 4 years ago to Eclipse.org. It's former main contributors could not continue working on it, but the necessary stuff was done to keep project active.
On the last year year, SWTBot has:
* Moved to Git
* Mirrored its sources to GitHub
* Handled contributions with Gerrit
* Moved to Tycho and can be built with a simple "mvn verify"
* Set up Tycho builds on Hudson: https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/SWTBot/job/swtbot-tycho-e4.2/ and https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/SWTBot/job/swtbot-tycho/
* Set up a concise but complete Contributing page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/Contributing
* Published quality reports to Sonar https://dev.eclipse.org/sonar/dashboard/index/1
The project also have metrics published to Ohloh: https://www.ohloh.net/p/swtbot
Those efforts had a good result on SWTBot Community since the project received contributions from 7 new contributors, coming from 6 different organization.

Hence, I'd like to nominate SWTBot as the Most Open Eclipse project since it has successfully shown its openness, and because being announced as the Most Open Project will hopefully encourage more and more users to turn into contributors.
"""

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria