[swtbot-dev] SWTBot UI testing a custom control extending org.eclipse.ui.forms.MasterDetailsBlock

I'm trying to automate the swtbot ui testing for an eclipse plugin, with maven.

The particular eclipse plugin has a custom control which is extended from org.eclipse.ui.forms.MasterDetailsBlock.

This custom control contains a org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Tree.

I'm using org.eclipse.swtbot.eclipse.finder;bundle-version="2.0.5" and org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder;bundle-version="2.0.5".

SWTBot couldn't find any tree when I attempt to search as follows,

SWTBotTree tree = bot.tree(); for (SWTBotTreeItem treeItem : tree.getAllItems()) {}

I tried with (which is working for org.eclipse.ui.forms.widgets.FormText),
MasterDetailsBlock masterDetailsBlock=bot.widget(widgetOfType(MasterDetailsBlock.class));

But following syntax error was shown by the eclipse (3.7.2).

'Multiple markers at this line - Bound mismatch: The generic method widgetOfType(Class) of type WidgetMatcherFactory is not applicable for the arguments (Class). The inferred type MasterDetailsBlock is not a valid substitute for the bounded parameter - Bound mismatch: The generic method widget(Matcher) of type SWTBotFactory is not applicable for the arguments (Matcher). The inferred type MasterDetailsBlock is not a valid substitute for the bounded parameter '

I have already posted almost the same question both in Stack over flow and in Eclipse forum.

Please suggest me any workaround or solution to this issue.

Does SWTBot support to test org.eclipse.ui.forms.MasterDetailsBlock components? In the negative case how to contribute that facility?

Thanks in advance.

K.Kanarupan.

Back to the top