Re: [swtbot-dev] general question about how SWTBot works

Ok, I understand this better ;)

Maybe a way to achieve that is to write 1 TestCase per user, and write in your test some synchronization points. You could use a file to write when a user performed a set of action, and other user tests will wait for the file to contain a specific token to go ahead.

For example
TestUser1() {
  // Do Step 1
  foo();
  bar();
  // Step 1 done
  markStepAsDone(1);
  waitForStepDone(3);
  // do Step 4
  foo();
  bar2();
}

TestUser2() {
  waitForStepDone(1);
  // Do Step 2
  foo2();
  bar();
  markStepAsDone(2);
}

TestUser3() {
  waitForStepDone(2);
  // Do Step 3
}

Then you can start one instance of your app for each user with a different TestCase, and the implementation of waitForStepDone ensure the sequence of actions is well performed.

However, I admit it is not so easy to maintain...

Please keep us informed if you make progress on this topic, that's something that could be useful for my product too ;)

Regards.