Re: [swtbot-dev] Build only against only one specific version of JUnit and ship it.

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Mickael Istria <mickael.istria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Currently SWTBot has some hacks to support 2 different versions of JUnit. I don't understand *why*. This adds much more complexity than value to the project, whereas SWTBot could simply be built against a specific version of JUnit, and ship with it. Am I missing a technical issue that explains this choice?

Older versions of eclipse don't work with newer versions of junit. Dropping in a new junit bundle breaks jdt.junit bundle that is essential to run any junit/pde-junit/swtbot tests. The only other way (that I know of) to support this is to branch out but I'm not sure I have the capacity to manage 3 branches and ensuring that that patch sets are applied to all three branches.

I'm open to other ideas to solving this problem.

- Ketan
studios.thoughtworks.com | twitter.com/ketanpkr

Back to the top