Re: [swtbot-dev] Help with ANT [Trying to follow Tutorial]

On 10-09-02 02:03 PM, Caio Bulgarelli wrote:
I have just tried to put SWTBot Headless plugin inside /dropins
and I executed

eclipse.exe -clean

I closed the Eclipse.
Then, I tried to run ANT but the same happened

PS: I'm sorry to write here... But, what could be better?
To send email to swtbot-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx?
or
To post in Eclipse Forum (SWTBot project)
or
To write in newsgroup?

PS 2: Eclipse Forum and Newsgroups is the same thing?

Yes it's the same, and since this is not a development question but a user question, it should be in the newsgroup/forum.

Now for your problem, I've got some more questions: is it the good headless version? Make sure you don't use the 3.5 (galileo) headless plugin in an Eclipse 3.4. That's about all I can think of for now...

I find the following steps a bit technical (because you need to understand Eclipse's error messages and a little bit of its internals), but you might as well give it a spin if it still isn't fixed by now...

Have you ever tried the Eclipse console? It's a great tool (IMHO) to diagnose these kinds of quirks. It's a console in which you can give Equinox some commands like manually "installing" plugins in the runtime. Start it with eclipse.exe -console; the -consoleLog option will help to debug, and -debug too if you like it extra-verbose (I do). There is a help command which could be useful, and the commands I use most is "ss", "install" and "start". ss will show a Short Status of the runtime, like what are the plugins that are currently running; the Headless plugin should be absent. You can try to forcefully install it like so:
> install file://c:/eclipse/dropins/headless.jar

It can either tell you it succeeded and give you an integer id, or there was a problem and it should give you some error message (like a missing dependency). After that, you can try to forcefully "start" the bundle like so:
> start <id>

Then again, it can succeed or fail. If it succeeds (or a false fail because there is nothing to do) here, then retry with ANT. I've hit some very rare cases where Eclipse metadata was screwed up and forcefully starting a bundle cleaned Eclipse metadata... or something like that.

Hope this helps.

Back to the top