Re: [swtbot-dev] egit swtbot tests hit NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/impl/StaticMarkerBinder

2010/5/10 Ketan Padegaonkar <ketanpadegaonkar@xxxxxxxxx>
SWTBot merely imports classes in the org.apache.log4j namespace.

Slf4j provides adapters[1] for log4j, commons logging, jdk logging to redirect to slf4j (and vice versa). It seems your log4j impl is switched from apache to slf4j[2] (which needs additional deps).

Something else in your setup is causing this to happen, check if you've got any org.slf4j classes in your dependency tree.

I'd blame maven for downloading the internet and adding something to the build path which did not exist before, but that's just me :P

– Ketan
http://ketan.padegaonkar.name | http://eclipse.org/swtbot

[1] - http://www.slf4j.org/faq.html#when
[2] - http://www.slf4j.org/legacy.html#log4j-over-slf4j

Thanks a lot, your tip saved my day :-)

I added a bundle dependency to org.apache.log4j and this fixed the issue.
Looks like Tycho decided for some reason to go for slf4j.

--
Matthias

Back to the top