Re: [swordfish-dev] Mockup for new jax-ws provider wizard page (support for creating composite services)

Title: Re: [swordfish-dev] Mockup for new jax-ws provider wizard page (support for creating composite services)
Actually we are currently looking for spring config files (inside META-INF) that contain JAXWS client definitions.
Some kind of info on the project type would be nice of course.
A nature would be an easy way to restrict the number of projects to be scanned. (I would expect that we allow to add that any time using a context menue (“Add JAX-WS consume nature ...”))

But is it the right criterion?
Even with that I think we need to spend a bit more time on content based consistency checks to be sure that a JAXWS client definition is a “good” one for importing.

I propose that if and only if the serviceClass is in a package exported by the project currently scanned, we allow importing the JAXWS client definition. This would already filter out the false positives we currently have (Composite provider projects appear in the list of importable consumer projects).
As a (positive) side effect it would also allow reusing definitions from plugin projects not created with Swordfish.

This criterion is a bit more relaxed than the “nature” criterion, but IMO more important. We need this anyway, because otherwise we will not be able to access the consumer classes on OSGi level anyway.

On 10/7/09 08:48, "Oliver Wolf"  wrote:

> 2. consumer projects will appear in the wizards' page list only if
> it has jaxws-consumer.xml file.

Maybe we should introduce a JAX-WS consumer project facet at some
point...determining the nature of a project just by looking for
specific files doesn't sound very robust to me (but it's fine for now,
of course).

Oliver
--
Jürgen