[subversive-dev] svn not detected in linked resources ?

Hi,

I'm maintaining the Eclipse CDT project generator in CMake, and we have
basically one significant problem left.

If the Eclipse project files (.project and .cproject) are created in-source,
i.e. at the root of the source tree of the project, everything works fine.

But building in-source is not recommended. We strongly recommend to use out-
of-source builds, so sources and build are cleanly separated, and you can have
e.g. multiple builds for one source tree.

In such an out-of-source setup, the Eclipse project files (.project and
.cproject) are created in the root directory of the build tree, which is
typically a "sibling" directory of the source tree.
This looks e.g. like this:

Source tree:
src/automoc/
src/automoc/.svn/
src/automoc/CMakeLists.txt
src/automoc/main.cpp

And a build tree for this source tree:

src/automoc-build/
src/automoc-build/.project
src/automoc-build/.cproject
src/automoc-build/Makefile
src/automoc-build/CMakeCache.txt
src/automoc-build/main.o
src/automoc-build/automoc

In this case the source files are not present directly in the project tree
(since we are out-of-source), and instead a linked resource is created which
"points" to the source directory:

<linkedResources>
  <link>
    <name>[Source directory]</name>
    <type>2</type>
    <location>/home/alex/src/automoc</location>
  </link>
</linkedResources>

So via this linked resource the user has access to his source files.

The problem is that subversive does not work with the files in the linked
resource, the "Team" menu shows only "Apply patch" and "Show local history",
and nothing else.

What can be done to make this work ?

Can I do something in the created project file to make subversive work ? Can I
add some other project or config files to make it work ?
Or can something be done in subversive to make it work ?

Thanks for any pointers
Alex

Back to the top