Re: [subversive-dev] Re: Subversive's SVNKit

Am 26.01.2010 09:42, schrieb Igor V. Burilo:
I understand your policies, but the truth is that Subversive uses modified
version of SVNKit. However, what can we do to help you to ship Subversive
with Fedora?

First of all, I'll do some package experiments in my (quite limited) free time to find alternative ways.

a) The "gold" way would be not to require a modified SVNKit. Usually we
   (Fedora packagers) try to polish existing patches until upstream
   is comfortable committing them.
b) From a distro perspective we can control very closely which versions
   are installed. Basically we don't have binary compatibility issues.
   If merging SVNKit is not possible/too much effort, I'll look into
   javahl which is already present in Fedora.
   To me it would be an acceptable solution if Fedora users have to
   install javahl.
c) If that fails, I'll come back to you and try to work with you on
   resolving the situation...

Do you use a unmodified javahl or do you require some patches there as well?

fs

Back to the top