RE: [subversive-dev] Subversive's SVNKit

Hello  Felix,

Please see my comments below.

>is this list the right place to discuss the SVNkit connector which is used
by Subversive? (as the subversive connectors are not hosted by Eclipse so
strictly speaking they're out-of-scope for Eclipse.org)
Yes, it's right place.

>Today I found out that Subversive requires me to install an svn connector
like SVNKit even though I installed the Fedora package eclipse-svnkit which
already provides that. I tried to dig a bit deeper to find out if
>Subversive modifies SVNKit but did not reach a final conclusion on that.
>
>1) Should subversive find an installed SVNKit if this plugin is basically
 >   usable by Eclipse (shows up in plugins, can be used by Subclipse)?
>2) Are there any modifications in the SVNKit (1.3) which is shipped by
 >   Polarion compared to the vanilla SVNKit?
Subversive really uses modified version of SVNKit and so it will not work
with original SVNKit plug-in for Eclipse.

>How do I get a working source checkout of Subversive for a specific release
(0.7.8)?
Unfortunately, we didn't create tags for releases. I agree with you that we
should create tags, but because of techical reasons we can't do it now, but
when we resolve them we're planning to create them.

>How to checkout Subversive's svn? (found that in the mailing list archive)
Here's url to Subversive trunk:
http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/technology/org.eclipse.subversive/trunk/

>What is the svn repo for Polarion's SVN connector?
Here's url to connectors trunk:
http://svn.polarion.org/repos/community/Subversive/trunk

fs