[subversive-dev] subversive with RSE problems.

Hello list,

I've run into a wall with subversive. Its either something I'm doing incorrectly, or something that can't be done. If it can't be done, consider this a feature request. If I just royally screwed up and it is possible, I apologize and would appreciate being pointed in the correct direction of a solution.

I'm trying to use subversive to connect a remote project( using rse, the remote systems explorer plug in) to an existing subversion repository. Normally my projects contain a single folder which is linked to a folder on a remote machine with rse. On the remote system, the project already belongs to a repository and all of the appropriate .svn directories are there. I've tried several means of connecting subversive to the project without success. I've tried putting a .svn folder directly under the project folder on the local system, to give subversive a clue that it was linked to subversion. It appeared to work, I can go to Team->share and it does some things that makes me think its working. However I can't actually perform any actions with subversion after its finished. An update will complain that the main branch is missing ( its on the remote system). Trying to compare the files on the remote system to the last committed versions in the repository doesn't work (throws a Null Pointer Exception).

I tried creating my project as a remote project, but associating that with the repository results in another Null Pointer Exception.

So, basically I'm wondering if its possible to use subversive with rse, and if not, I think it should.

Thanks for your time,

Bill Newton

Back to the top