Re: [stp-pmc] [Vote] Please express interest over DVCS

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Oisin Hurley <oisin.hurley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I accidentally hit "Reply" rather than "Reply to all" on
this one, apologies!

> I don't get your interpretation of the comment.

The comments message is "go and become a user otherwise
it won't improve", I think. And I'd like to become a user, but I
have no git projects and have not much spare time. Perhaps
someone could come up with a github mirror of one of the
components and we could see how that works?
Here: http://github.com/atoulme/bpmn-modeler/tree/master

>> > Thomas
>> > Hallgren, the Buckminster lead, voted for this bug.
>>
>> Thomas voting for bug != Thomas shipping a fully functional Git plugin
>> as part of Buckminster, unfortunately.
>
> That certainly means he has an interest into it.

Yes, that's certainly nice to know. But -- interest and intent
together don't make the software happen. Getting buckminster
to where it is now has meant lots and lots of bugs had to be
fixed in SVN providers etc, and the same will go if a new git
plugin is introduced. It just means we miss builds if the git
resolver doesn't work.

There are ways to fix this up - i.e. hack the build system to
work off checkouts/clones that have happened previously. This
would have to happen on a project-by-project basis.
I work on a secret recipe that makes stuff easier and unbreakable, and support git.
Too early to talk about it more than that.

 --oh