Alain BOULZE
ObjectWeb @ INRIA
SOA Project Coordinator

alain.boulze at inria.fr
tel.:+33 4 76 61 54 65
fax:+33 4 76 61 52 52
cel:+33 6 21 09 43 66

Le 11 mai 07 à 13:34, Oisin Hurley a écrit :

Hi all,
So I've been approached by a number of organizations and people with offers
of code and personpower, and this email is a summary of what's on the table.

1. Contribution from Logicblaze/IONA

As you may know Logicblaze got bought by IONA recently, and with those guys
came the ServiceMix JBI implementation, plus a set of tools to create JBI
infrastructural elements. The contribution would be a selection of Wizards
and WTP server framework extensions to allow the construction and deployment
of JBI service units, binding components, etc.

2. Contribution from Bull

Bull created the CIMERO tool [0], which offers developers a means to create
connected systems using the metaphors described in Gregor Hohpe's Enterprise
Integration Patterns book [1].  CIMERO includes a code generation framework
that constructs a JBI-based implementation of the system outlined in the
editor. Right now, the guys are working on Version 2 of  the tool, which has
migrated to GMF, and they would like to do the development in Eclipse.

3. Contribution from EBMWebsourcing

EBMWebsourcing work with the Petals project at OW2, which is an 'ESB' that
used JBI as it's infrastructure. EBMWebsourcing have developed tooling for
both JBI deployment and inspection/management, and would like to contribute
these.

4. Contribution from Obeo

Obeo work with the Scorware project that intends to develop a component
based implementation of the SCA specification. They themselves have developed
a prototype implementation of a graphical SCA composite construction tool

5. Contribution from SOPERA

SOPERA are a newly formed company that own a considerable amount of Eclipse
based tooling that was developed as part of a long-term engagement with
Deutsche Post. The are keen to get this tooling into open source, and want
to commit considerable resources to the project. I haven't yet got a bill
of materials for the proposed contribution, but it certainly appears to be
very large.

These proposed contributions cover many missing elements of our project, but
there is a concern that taking in such an avalanche of code could be difficult.
It seems, however, that each of these contributions are 'live' code, that
is currently being developed.

I think we should set up some internal STP 'incubators' to receive this
code, and let it settle before we take it on in full release builds.
Contributions (1-3) above are all strongly related to JBI, so it's probably
the best plan to bring these together in one 'incubator'.

Comments?

 best regards
  Oisin