[stp-pmc] broad outline of scenario for M1

Hi all,
Here's a first cut at an outline scenario for STP for consideration -
we'll use this as the basis for getting our development towards an
M1 started.

Rather than picking individual bits in the subprojects and working
with them, I think we will get much better feedback from developing
something that cross-cuts as many of the projects as we can.

So - here's the scenario, v0.1, very high level

A. The service creation part:
  - developer makes service A using some WST technology
  - developer makes service B using JAX-WS STP technology

B. The core part:
  - developer makes a composite containing A
  - developer makes a composite containing B

C. The deploy part:
  - developer deploys service A to container A
    and service B to container B in a transaction
  - container A and container B use WTP deploy gear

D. Next:
  - developer generates a sample client that can
    access the two services

I think this scenario covers the big points we need to
hit:  integration between sc/core/deploy and integration
with existing technologies.

Thoughts? Remember we start at this high level and drill
down to the detailed items. Plenty of questions remain -
how can we make the composites visible, what container
technologies can we use, etc...

 regards
  Oisin

Back to the top