[stp-pmc] BPMN Diagramming

Title: BPMN Diagramming
Hi,

I was wondering about the status of the BPMN project of STP, as I don’t see that there is a code base for it yet in CVS.

We’ve used BPMN for GMF tutorials with some success, and it seems a sensible addition to the Modeling project, as a general-purpose business process modeling component.  Specifically, I see it fitting nicely into the proposed MDT (Model Development Tools) project http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/mdt/.

I understand the focus of STP’s interest in BPMN to be more on the transformation to BPEL, which I agree would not make sense to maintain within Modeling.  So, the question is, are you considering basing BPMN diagramming within STP on GMF?  If so, would you consider a contribution in this area?  Alternatively, would you consider utilizing BPMN diagramming from MDT in STP, and focus on producing BPEL from it for your needs?

Thanks,
Rich

--
Richard C. Gronback